Sadly, I haven’t been able to post as regularly on this blog with exams and university, but the holiday is finally here and I wanted to return with something inspiring and motivating.
For the last few months I noticed that my days lacked colour and discipline. It became disordered, randomly planned and heavily occupied with many things at once. At the same time, I was writing a research paper on former leader of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, and I came across this quote by him,
‘If you want to reach your goals and dreams, you cannot do it without discipline’
Each time these ‘goals’ or ‘dreams’ cross my mind, I remember his quote very clearly, and begin to reflect on my own way of life. Though I am a firm believer of fate, and that most things do, in fact, can happen without much calculation and reason, I also believe that – like all the other things in life – things should work cooperatively, and that both fate and human will complement each other.
After finishing exams, I decided to take on a new turn and start acting seriously on Lee Kuan Yew’s advise. I will not be overly robotic throughout my day-to-day activities, but I will try to add a little organisation, a little sense of well-being and meaning into the usual schedule.
- I will try to make my mornings more productive/exciting/healthy. Read new articles, a couple of pages from a book, do a little exercise and stretching, and to drink enough water before caffeine.
- I will do more cleaning. Simple acts like tidying up your bed after you wake up can help discipline your personality and behavior
- I will learn to prioritize. Spend more time on my writing, read things that are relevant for my study and leave the irrelevant for later.
- I will have enough time for sleep. I realised this year that sleeping early and then waking up early the next day is healthier and more productive.
- I will end my days better – pray honestly, reflect deeply, and trust God.
These are just a few I hope I’ll follow, and with time and experience, there will definitely be new ideas to join the list.
Xo, Pantalon Noir